Wednesday, August 22, 2007

We are home!

After 12 days, 39 cups of tea and 11 changes of underwear (yes, I had to double up one day due to bad packing!) Jordan and I are home! We had an incredible time on our ministry trip to England. The first seven days were spent assisting Darlington Baptist Tabernacle (check the church out at www.crbt.org.uk) with some community outreach. The pastor, Gareth Evans, has only been at the church for nine months so he is still in the process of laying the leadership foundation. He has the most incredible heart! Jordan and I stayed in his home for the week. The late night tea ( I finally broke down and asked for some hot chocolate!) with him was so encouraging.

The best part of the trip was experiencing it with my son. I have been on countless trips with groups. It's always refreshing to see God speak into their lives through the ministry experiences. But to be right there with my son while God is speaking into his heart was the best!

God confirmed some things in my own heart while away. I can't wait to share them with you over the next couple of days.

Pray for the Kid Connection staff. They hate it when I leave for extended trips. They know I will have too much time to think . . . and thinking leads to dreaming . . . and dreaming always leads to more work for them!

1 comment:

Leilanni said...

Sounds like a great trip - welcome back and can't wait to hear more about it on your blog! And thanks for keepin' it real . . .there's nothing like knowing that your Children's Minister runs out of underwear just like everyone else . . .